Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Doctor/Surgeon, South Sudan
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you an experienced Surgeon with a heart for the hurting? Join us as a Medical Doctor/Surgeon at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Medical Doctor/Surgeon at our clinic in South Sudan, you will assist the Medical Director with patient care in our 100-bed hospital, while providing supervision and training for our expatriate and national medical staff. Your compassionate expertise will strengthen the organization’s ability to deliver continued Christ-like care to people in need. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job duties:
- Works with other doctors to provide overall care at the hospital including pediatric, obstetric/gynecological, medical, and surgical care.
- Responsible for daily ward rounds as frequently as the patients’ conditions demand.
- Works with other doctors to supervise and maintains the operating theatre in regards to supply, staffing, upkeep, and procedures.
- Liaises with local Ministry of Health, UNHCR, and other representatives on local, state, and national level to support the organization’s programmatic interests and activities.
- Oversees the general operations of the Hospital and reports any programmatic issues to Medical Director or Hospital Administrator.
- Involved in Human Resources processes of medical staff including hiring, contracts, performance reviews, salary standards, and terminations.
- Offers hands-on, clinical instruction to nurses and other doctors during ward rounds and in surgery.
- Must be available to assist the nurses with difficult procedures.
- May be called upon to offer classroom lectures to the nurses and or midwives as need arises.
- Participates in the annual work plan and budget development process.
- Available for calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Medicinae Doctor (MD) or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) from a recognized University, post graduate degree in internal medicine/surgery strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years, post-internship working experience in resource-poor settings.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office package and Internet.
- Able to lead and encourage teamwork among staff at the hospital.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Previous work in Sudan or South Sudan preferred.
- Knowledge of Sudanese Arabic preferred, but not required.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied position.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)