Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
Do you want some flexibility in your schedule? Are you bored with design work and would like to spend more of your time out in the field?
You are a professional looking to make a difference. You're decisive, action-oriented, and the go-to person regarding Civil/Structural Engineering or Architecture, specifically in residential and commercial properties. You have an easy way with people and can talk to anyone, explaining difficult ideas in ways that are easy for everyone to understand. But what you really want is a bit more outdoor time and some flexibility in your schedule while doing what you love most.
On our team, you can work with minimum supervision helping figure out what went wrong with a variety of structural properties.
In this role, you will do everything needed to determine what happened, report your findings to the Client and sometimes testify to explain them. This position makes a huge impact on the safety of things people use every day.
- Investigate and analyze of residential, commercial, and industrial properties for the purpose of resolving claims and legal disputes
- Assignments may include foundation settlement investigations, structural assessments, site evaluations, sub-surface investigations and vibration analysis
- Prepare oral and written reports that document causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation
- Provide opinions and expert testimony
- Other duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and oversee field-testing.
What We're Looking For In Order for You To Succeed
- A Bachelor degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering or a Bachelors of Architecture.
- PE required for an engineer or RA required for an architect, NCARB certified preferred
- 8-10 years of engineering or architectural experience.
- And, you must be physically capable of performing inspections in hot or cold weather; must be able to perform inspections on steep slope roof systems (after training), crawl spaces, attics and other areas of possibly difficult access. In addition, equipment use will require that you are capable of moving and lifting at least 50-pounds at a time.
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? We would love to talk with you. Check out our website, apply online or email me directly using the link below.