Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hawaiian Airlines
Maintenance & Engineering
- Oversee maintenance quality control (inspection) team
- Lead, coaches and manages team. Clarifies expected behaviors, knowledge, and level of proficiency by seeking information, providing to team, and checking for understanding
- Provide timely, appropriate feedback on performance; reinforce effort and progress towards goals
- Establish interpersonal relationships by helping fellow managers, external customers, and people throughout the organization feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions
- Manage shift coverage and time accounting
- Ensure sufficient trained and qualified Inspectors are available for work load
- Responsible for providing and maintaining required tooling and training to perform inspection requirements
- Provide inspector override and technical conflict resolution
- Provide technology assessment for work requirements
- Oversees Required Inspection Item (RII) determination, list, and personnel qualifications
- Interprets regulatory requirements and develops policies and procedures for inspection personnel
- Provide technical input on new projects
- Other duties as assigned
***DOT Regulation, 14 CFR Part 120 Subpart E 120.105-120.109 identifies this position as performing safety sensitive functions. Prior to any offer of employment or transfer into this position you will be required to submit to a DOT Pre-employment drug test for evidence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), and Amphetamines or a metabolite of those drugs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license is required
- 5 years experience with FAR 121 aircraft and 1 year of inspection experience required
- 3 years managing direct reports required
- Familiar with aircraft inspection programs
- Requires practical knowledge of NDT inspection techniques
- Strong analytical and operational business skills are required
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Requires experience with building and maintaining a budget
- Must be able to obtain an AOA badge
- A Valid driver’s license and passport is required
- 10 years experience with FAR 121 aircraft
- B717, B767, A321, and A330 experience preferred
- Previous IAM management experience
- College Degree
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 14 years (2004-2017) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 89th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (11) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, China, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, with a total of more than 250 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.