City and County of Honolulu
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASSISTANT PLUMBING INSPECTOR (SR-16)
at City and County of Honolulu
Pay: up to $41364.00/year
Salary : $3,447.00/Month
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2342386
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||ASSISTANT PLUMBING INSPECTOR (SR-16)|
|Opening Date/Time:||Sun. 02/10/19 12:00 AM Hawaii Time|
|Job Type:||Full-Time Permanent|
|Department:||Department of Human Resources|
|Inspects and tests plumbing, gas and sewer line installations and equipment in buildings and structures of limited size and scope of compliance with plans and specifications, plumbing and gas codes and other pertinent ordinances, and accepted safety and health standards; and performs other related duties as required. Will also assist in the inspection of installations in large and/or complex buildings.|
|Additional Job Information:|
|At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.|
***Subject to funding availability.***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted online by February 20, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time (HST) to be accepted.There is one vacancy with the Department of Planning and Permitting, Building Division. Position requires use of a personal vehicle (will be reimbursed for mileage). It also requires the ability to walk through building construction sites. This list my be used for future vacancies in this department.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
- use a valid e-mail account;
- verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
- are subscribed to e-mail notices;
- check your spam folders; and
- add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
|Minimum Qualification Requirements:|
Equivalent to graduation from high school.
Three years of experience in inspecting or supervising plumbing installation work.
Such experience must have demonstrated the ability to inspect plumbing and gas line installations and equipment and render decisions in conformity with pertinent codes and ordinances; recognize hazardous situations and determine means of correction; read and interpret plans and specifications, and plumbing and building codes and ordinances and apply them to specific cases; deal tactfully with plumbing contractors, workers, and the general public; and keep records and prepare reports.
1. Current Hawaii State certificate of registration as a Master Plumber or journey level Plumber (at time of application).
2. Valid Hawaii driver's license (Type 3), prior to appointment.
Verification Requirement: You must submit a copy of your Plumber's certificate within 7 days of filing this application. Mail or drop off: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity, and/or recency of your education and experience.|
Education and Experience Evaluation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100%