American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Assets Officer
at American Savings Bank
Job TitleSpecial Assets Officer
LocationASB Tower - 25-3087
Minimum Education Requirements: College (4-year) Degree
Indicate Degree Major Field of Study: Business, Accounting, Finance
3 years - Direct Collection or Loss Mitigation experience, prefer experience in business (commercial) collection where accountable for contacting delinquent borrowers for payment or handle recovery process
3 years - Underwriter or lender, preferably in commercial or business banking loans
Required Skills or Training
- Ability to work with difficult borrowers in adversarial situations and resolve problems using sound judgement.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills including the ability to conduct professional and effective dialogue with a broad constituency, possesses effective writing skills
- Experienced working with attorneys, including the reviewing and structuring of legal documents including experience with bankruptcy. Prior experience with government guaranteed programs would be helpful.
- Demonstrate skill in analyzing financial statements in order to develop repayment strategies for modifications/workouts for problem/charged off loans
- Provide guidance to lenders on structuring, negotiating, and documentation for their problem loans in a positive and collaborative manner
- Prepare reports on delinquencies, criticized loans, impairment analysis, charge offs or recoveries as required to provide timely information to senior management
- Proficient with MS office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint