Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Planner/Project Manager
AECOM's Honolulu office is seeking an Environmental Planner/Project Manager in the Environmental Planning Department to manage environmental projects, be a subject matter expert, technical lead/author on Environmental Planning. Areas to be covered include NEPA, impact assessment, permitting. Experience with Federal Environmental Planning, in particular with the Department of Defense is critical. Experience with Hawaii Environmental Planning Act is desirable.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a Project Manager for the preparation of a variety of NEPA, Hawaii Revised Statues (HRS) 343 and Guam EPA documentation and related resource management and state and Federal permitting documents
- Responsible for project and staff management
- Leading ongoing environmental planning work, and supporting the development of environmental documents and studies in compliance with NEPA
- Serving as Project Manager and analyst on complex planning projects, for local, State and Federal
- Working with clients, resource agencies, environmental and technical staff to prepare environmental documents and related technical studies
Environmental Planner/Project Manager
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
BA/BS in Environmental Science, Planning, Natural and/or Cultural Resource Management, or related field + 8 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Due to the nature of this work, U.S. citizenship is required
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 15+ years of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science or Studies, Planning, Natural and/or Cultural Resource Management or related field
- Experience preparing proposals, cost estimates, and change orders
- Knowledge and experience in preparing Hawaii State Chapter 343 environmental compliance and permitting documentation
- Experience with environmental compliance and permitting related to military related projects
- 40-hour OSHA certification and current 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher
- Secret Security Clearance
- Professional Certification
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of competence in the area of technical report writing related to NEPA compliance as well as other types of technical reports and regulatory (Federal, State, local) permitting documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to effectively manage projects and interact with teams of staff, sub consultants, and clients; successful candidate will have the ability to write concise technical documents; to multi-task effectively to accommodate working on various simultaneous and diverse projects; and to follow through to completion all assigned and delegated tasks
- Experience with environmental compliance, permitting, and agency consultations
- Led major NEPA efforts (EISs), with a demonstrated proficiency in applying NEPA to projects
- Experience in marketing and business development efforts in pursuit of new projects
- Solid time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Hawaii