Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Acumen Inc.
Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
We are currently looking for a Program Specialist who is responsible for processing new client enrollment as determined and/or directed by Acumen, the state or the contract. The Program Specialist handles internal and external inbound and outbound calls regarding new and existing clients, and will assist in standardizing the quality of outgoing communications and maintaining incoming/outgoing calls as outlined in Acumen’s best practices, Medicaid, the state, and all contract/s with Acumen.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives inbound calls, emails, and in-person inquiries
- Places outbound follow-up calls to clients in order to update existing files or complete new enrollment files.
- Interacts daily with program stake holders via phone and/or electronically
- Interacts in-person with consumers to provide information and assistance when requested
- Processes incoming and outbound paperwork and electronic communication through manual data entry into several databases with high accuracy
- Receives, researches, and gathers thorough and accurate data to analyze and resolve all customer inquiries
- Retrieves, sorts and files, forms, correspondence and documents of confidential and time-sensitive nature
- Maintains a complex electronic filing system
- Manages timelines, deadlines, and priorities successfully, as instructed by supervisor
- Demonstrates a working ability to comprehend all internal/external applications, software, Medicaid guidelines, contracts, and multiple state and program guidelines
- Works well independently with limited supervision
- Identify and share opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions.
- Willing to occasionally work other than typical work hours to meet high volume demands and deadlines (as approved by Supervisor).
- Work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays (as approved by Supervisor).
- Performs other work related activities as assigned
- At least two years of experience in customer service.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Advanced computer knowledge using Microsoft Word and Excel and use of PDFs.
- Ability to handle fluctuating inbound and outbound call volume that can be heavy at times.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
- Ability to read and work accurately with formulas.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, task oriented.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult customers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Must be able to plan for and meet multiple deadlines.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.