Job: Veterans Service Representative - Authorization Quality Review Specialist, GS-0996-12
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Engineering/Architecture
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov
The Department of Veterans Affairs may offer Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
(12.25% COLA is payable in addition to the salary listed above)
NOTE: RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED
Training Requirement: Selectees may attend Quality Reviewer Training provided by the Compensation Service STAR Staff as well as the Instructor Development Course, if not previously completed. Official government travel may be required as training may be conducted off-site.
This is a temporary position, NTE 6 months. It may be terminated prior to 6months, may be extended beyond 6 months, or may be made permanent without further announcement or competition. Upon termination of temporary assignment, employee will be returned to their prior position.
* Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
* May be subject to a probationary period.
Back to top
* Conducts review of staff authorization quality in order to establish benchmarks for consideration of individual performance standards.
* Prepares documentation to support unfavorable finding in order to provide justification for error decisions and indicate required actions.
* Provides feedback to relay the rationale and provide appropriate citation to support identified discrepancy.
* Employs various training techniques to provide authoritative, consultant and troubleshooting.
* Conducts statistical analysis of quality reviews to identify trends, significant problems areas and processes requiring improvement.
* Relays quality trend information with management on an ongoing basis for use in operations, decision making and planning.
NOTE: RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED.
Back to top
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
GS-12 Level: 1 year of Specialized experience which was equivalent to the GS-11 level. There is no education substituation at the GS-12 level.
Specialized experience: Applicants must have one or more years of specialized experience related to this position. Specialized experience would typically include, but is not limited to:
* Conducting evaluations and reviews, on a quantitative or qualitative basis, of claims development programs and operations to determine the effectiveness in meeting established goals and objectives;
* Preparing or conducting training activities;
* Identifying knowledge/skill gaps and planning training strategies;
* Providing and implementing data for one or more information management systems accurately and timely or providing technical guidance and direction to staff in the daily operation and maintenance of claims management systems.
Specialized Experience should be substantive and relevant and may have been gained in the federal, military, or private sector, functioning in either a capacity performing training, analyst or information systems duties of a claims management process.
The following competencies should be demonstrated in your resume for this position.
* Ability to apply laws, guidelines, regulations and precedent opinions in order to provide an accurate analysis and evaluation of entitlement determinations / benefit payment authorization.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing to facilitate positive feedback to employees and work in concert with supervisory personnel in identifying deficiencies in individual performance based on the outcome of quality reviews.
* Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques and tools used in the analysis, design, delivery of training programs.
* Knowledge of analytical, qualitative and quantitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and recommend appropriate changes to management.
WHEN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook or General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's website at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/alph-ndx.asp.
Physical Demands: This position is primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, bending, and carrying or lightweight items (eg. folders, claims files, etc.)
Time-In-Grade: Applicants must meet time-in-grade requirments as outlined in 5 CFR, Part 300, Subpart F, within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. For foreign education, a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency must be submitted with your transcript. All education claimed by applicants will be verified.
Position Sensitivity - This position has a position-sensitivity level of Public Trust-Low Risk. Selections made under this announcement are conditioned upon favorable adjudication of National Agency Check Investigation (MBI) per VA Handbook 0710. An investigation will be conducted after the effective date of the selection. An individual currently holding the appropriate clearance does not require additional investigation. An individual receiving unfavorable adjudication is ineligible to remain in this position.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Jobs
This company does not have more jobs