Job: HQ PACOM Operations Research Analyst (ORSA)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Science/Biotech/Research
Purpose Provide operations research systems analysis (ORSA) expertise for HQ US Pacific Command in the area of Joint Innovation and Experimentation. This position is located at Camp H.M. Smith in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Security Clearance Level SCI
Key Functions Apply operations research systems analysis (ORSA) / systems engineering expertise across a broad spectrum of HQ USPACOM mission areas, to include electronic warfare, joint targeting, and cyberspace operations Translate results of quantitative or qualitative analyses into easily understood, decision-quality information for decision makers.
Required Education/Experience: BS and 1 year experience or MS
Desired Education/Experience MS in operations research, mathematics, or related technical field. Eight years of related Joint, Navy, Air Force, or DoD experience. Experience on a major command or staff. Experience with political-military-economic issues of the Pacific.
Required Skills: • Expert knowledge and understanding of standard ops research analysis techniques and tools
• A strong understanding of Joint, Navy, and Air Force warfighting missions and equities in the PACOM Theater
• Working-level to detailed-level understanding of the DOD rapid technology transition process (JCTD, QRF, QRT, JT&E, JCA, JUONS, and WFC).
• Familiarity with EW, targeting, and cyber systems across DOD.
• Well-developed personal communication skills
• Outstanding ability to express new ideas, orally or in writing
• Superior ability to articulate qualitative or quantitative analysis results to support recommendations
• The ability to work both independently and as a team member, and the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks & deadlines
Desired Skills • Previous experience working at a COCOM (especially PACOM), PACAF, or 13th Air Force, or COMPACFLT
• Previous experience working in a JFACC / Air Operations Center or JFMCC / Maritime Operations Center
• Previous experience briefing at the General Officer / Flag Officer / Senior Executive Service level.
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 25% of the time.
Clearance Statement -“ To be eligible for consideration for this position, a current Top Secret clearance is required”.